<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Photo blogs 

I've been into photo blogging lately and there are a few favorites I visit regularly (Always Curious, Your_Waitress, Digi*Ana*Logue, among others) which in itself is rare...visiting any website daily (with the exception of my S.O.'s websites) is a rare occurrence for me. But lately, I've been doing this.

Its hard to be a follower with such a short attention span, but I have tendency to go on binges. Suddenly being so interested (and dare I say it, obsessed with, or) about this hobby (Magic The Gathering was the last one I think, the online version; awesome game) or that game, or this website, (or this book, or that movie, or crocheting this project, or painting this paint-by-number, or working on this new crafty thing, or trying to perfect this recipe, or wanting to clean-clean-clean because I need to clear my head somehow and/) or whatever interesting thing that catches my attention this particular minute.

At least for a short while now, it's photo blogging( and longer still, regular blogging, though not
daily
or anything). I have a few (3-4) of my own, though I am way out of my league. For me, its more for fun, to post some of the many many pictures I have and love to look at. I love taking pictures, and if I could, I would capture every single moment (digitally, or on film) to freeze forever its magic (every good, amazing, exciting....well, you get the idea, those moments). I really wish I could.

Anyway... the more interested I am about something, the more I want to know about it (logical, right?). In the case of photo blogging, I want to know more about these wonderful photographers. Some are kind enough to provide an "about" area (something I'd probably never do for myself) and if thats not enough, (and usually its not!) maybe you can find your favorite photographers at the Daily Snap.com. It's really interesting (and cool!) to learn more about the people behind the cameras. There are some other websites (Theme Thursday for example) that offer interviews as well. It provides a rare and personal insight to the inspirations of why they do what they do. And if you love what they do, you might enjoy getting to know them a little better in this way.

I like these. And I like being a (n albeit small, tiny, minuscule) part of this community, even if only through websites like Photoblogs.org and BlogExplosion. It's a nice place to be. So much to learn, so little time, and oh so much eyestrain!

Comments:
Hehe your waitress is one of my favourites as well, try flying shark, it's quite good. Well i too wish i could record every moment, every scene, every happening of the day but it's neigh impossible, but a tip, bring along your camera where ever you go, you never know a good shot is just lurking around the corner. P.s. yes it feels good to be in a group :)
 
hi, i'm **sirop from digi*ana*logue!
thanks your this writing!
it's my honor! ;-)

and "Always Curious, Your_Waitress" are my favorits!


**sirop
http://digianalogue.com/photoblog/
 
Post a Comment






Find anything at Amazon.com!                 I won $50 in a Pogo Drawing! You can win real money playing fun games at Pogo.com!        

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?