<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 25, 2004

You'll shoot your eye out! 

A Christmas StoryEvery year one tv station plays "24 Hours of A Christmas Story" and every year, I have to watch it at least once. Just have to! I should just buy it and spare myself the accompanying dose of commercials, but for some reason, it's not the same. I've recorded it, but never watched it that way. It has to be "on tv" for some reason to elicit the same feeling. What is it about this story? And where is Peter Billingsley now?

I wonder this every year, and every year, do a google image search to maybe see what he looks like as an adult. This year there is at least one shot of the adult Ralphie! (and the child cast from here. cool!) This is the 20th anniversary of A Christmas Story.

One year I watched it 4 (probably more) times in a row and laughed at the right parts each time. This year, also as usual, I catch it somewhere in the middle, and watch from there, and watch the next showing of it too. (and probably will watch the next one as well...sad huh?)

Tradition. Is it Christmas without A Christmas Story? Sure, I guess so. But it's nice to have a little something thats the same every year. It would be nice to know who it is at whichever network that decides each year "yea, we'll just show this for 24 hours straight"...does everyone get the day off when they do that? (should hope so, can the station run itself? hmmm)

I guess if Hallmark can create tradtions for us, tv networks can too. Ho ho ho and a merry one to you and yours :)

Addition (2/26/05):
There's a little more info about "Ralphie" here. (pop-under ads abound...but depending on your browser, you may already be blocking them)

Comments:
Ahh yes, I look forward to A Christmas Story every year. There's just something about that movie that puts you in the Christmas mood. And it really only has that magic if you happen upon it flipping the channels.
 
What a great film!! I caught a couple sessions of it this Christmas.
 
Surfed in from BE. Thank you so much for that link. My husband looked just like the red headed bully from the movie when he was young. In fact I took a picture with the digital camera off the TV this Christmas to keep for posterity.
 
I am so old. I went to go see that movie on a date in theaters. Now I'm lusting after Ralphie.
 
Dang, who knew that Ralphie turn would out so well!
 
My move is Scrooge with Albert Finney.

(*)>
 
I LOVE A Christmas Story...I have to watch it when it's on too...like over and over and over for no reason...the ending is always the same...

If you want to know where Peter Billingsley is, go here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082526/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9UGV0ZXIgQmlsbGluZ3NsZXl8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=1
He's been in a few movies since then...Including an uncredited part in Elf.
 
One of my all time favorite Christmas (or anytime) movies!
 
Post a Comment






Find anything at Amazon.com!                 I won $50 in a Pogo Drawing! You can win real money playing fun games at Pogo.com!        

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?