<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Freebies 

Ahh, Wal*mart. Regardless of its popularity and so-called "roll-backs" I can't say that I'm a fan. The local store in my area is a not-so-clean place with unpleasant employees and I try not to go there if I can avoid it. Sometimes they're the last resort though. Like for the a/c I needed in a hurry two summers ago and again for the mini-me tv because the old one died unexpectedly. The latter bought at a larger slightly cleaner store. The cashier actually said hello and smiled. Imagine that.

For those need-it-now and need-it-cheap occasions, it has its place I guess.

But... free samples? Did you know that Wal*mart offered free samples?

The product pages say these samples are only available in stores, not online, which is a little confusing. Because if you click the sample link (choose a product you want a sample of from the main sample page, on the product page, the top right box will show a "Tell a Friend" option, among others--click "Free Sample") a pop-up window asks for your info and within a week or three, you actually get the sample.

Neat!
I think the sample items change monthly but it doesn't hurt to check sooner.

There may be a catch, but if so I haven't experienced it yet (I'm already subscribed to their newsletter so maybe that's it). I elected to fill out the survey if notified. Perhaps you only get the sample if you agree to answer questions about the product. If so, I guess that's only fair. Of course that may not matter at all. Maybe the point is to get return visitors to the website. Who knows?

Everyone likes a freebie, right? Go get yours!

Comments: Post a Comment






Find anything at Amazon.com!                 I won $50 in a Pogo Drawing! You can win real money playing fun games at Pogo.com!        

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?